Share your story
Quote: “When you stand and share your story in an empowering way, your story will heal you and your story will heal somebody else.” –Iyanla Vanzant
Song: We Fall Down Donnie McClurkin
I was recently introduced to Tony Robbins via Oprah. Gotta love her. In her piece on Mr. Robbins, who is a world famous motivational speaker he discusses how everyone’s life revolves around his or her story. He discussed how the only thing keeping us from getting what we want is the story we keep telling ourselves about why it can't happen.
My un-humble beginnings started just like most of you. It seemed to begin with pain, poverty, misfortune, and lack of, added with molestation, insecurity and no father in the household. I am now realizing things don't have to end that way. Although those misfortunes were my beginnings they are by far not how I want my story to end. I am the author of this book. This is my story. I always thought that because I grew up in a negative environment, it makes it that much harder to visualize myself in a different situation or my life ending up any different than others in my situation. I, like everyone else in the free world want bigger and better for myself but because of my upbringing I place limits on my abilities and myself.
You know now that you are the author of your own destiny. Now its time to take control and write out how we want our story to play itself out. How do you want this story to read? Will it read like a drama, or maybe you are more of the comedy type of person, then again if your anything like me you want it be a romantic comedy filled with action a little drama but a lesson to be learned at the end. The Journal entry for today is to write out your story. Be as detailed as possible. Thank God for the gift of being the author of your own story. What would your story sound like if you had to put it to music? List your ideal playlist describing how the songs relate to your situation and how you feel listening to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment